Why Pre-Plan? Funeral Services
No one likes to think about death, let alone plan for it. In many families,
discussing one's mortality is an extremely uncomfortable topic. But it
is a topic that should be discussed and planned for well in advance of
By pre-planning your funeral, you relieve your family of having to make
important financial decisions during a period of great stress and grief-a
time when people aren't thinking very clearly and may not know what to
do because you never made your wishes known.
It's easy to say, "Don't make a fuss. I don't want a ceremony. Just bury
me and be done with it." But it is important to realize that the ritual
of a funeral and/or memorial service isn't for the deceased but for the
living. It is a time when friends and family can gather together to grieve
openly and to provide support for one another.
Pre-planning your funeral can be very informal, and as simple as jotting down your preferences and sharing your wishes with a family member.
More formal arrangements in the form of a preneed contract can be set
up with us and can be pre-funded through life insurance,
bank trust agreement, or another method.
Pre-planning, when done properly, can give you peace of mind becaused
you know that your arrangements are ready and pre-funded.
By pre-planning your funeral, you can:
- make all the arrangements during a time of peace and not leave them
- to your family during their time of grief;
- make your wishes known;
- control the cost of your funeral and protect from inflation;
- ensure that personal records are organized and easy for your survivors
- to locate;
- protect your insurance so that it provides for your survivors and
- not for funeral expenses; and
- provide protection in case the need arises before it is expected